måndag 13 april 2015

My internship in fuerteventura!

Ruta de Tapas

Warm tapas
Cold Tapas
This weekend Ruta de la Tapa (Ruta de Tapas) started. We thought it will only be for one weekend but apparently it's going on until July sometimes. Ruta de la Tapa is a kind of event which many different restaurants are included in. You can go and eat cold/hot tapas and then you will get a stamp for every different restaurant in one kind of book you get in the first restaurant. When you collect over 40% of all stamps, you can vote for the best restaurant and leave it to a tourist office and when the event is over, the best restaurants in hot and cold tapas will be chosen. We went for our first tapas on Friday and of course i wasn't so sure about what tapas was, and for you who don't know, tapas are a wide variety of appetizers in Spanish cuisine. We paid 5€ for hot and cold tapas with a glass of a various drink. You can choose wine, water, lemonade, beer.. Almost whatever you want, it depends on what the restaurant offers. 
 The cold tapas we got was a small can with some kind of seafood. I don't know exactly what it was called since the waitress didn't know it in English but it sure was good. The warm tapas was some kind of volcano made of flour and a mix off mushroom and vegetables inside. It was also very nice, so I think i will for sure go for tapas again!




 Now i'm gonna tell you a little bit about my first experience of surfing. On Saturday morning we woke up at 06.00, ate a little breakfast and walked away to a pick up place where a surfer school was gonna pick us up. My friend surfs as a hobby and she planned everything so I could go for a lesson, and i had the luck to go during the sunrise. We were actually going to a beginner's beach since i was the first time surfing, but the teacher decided to go to another beach where the waves were hard and strong, and closing very suddenly.. But I thought positive and was thinking it can't be so hard right? So he showed me a little bit basic stuff i needed to know and then i just started trying.. The other people who was with us were also training surfing but i was the only first-time surfer.. but they needed a lot of attention from the teacher so i kind of had to teach myself.. It was very hard and heavy to get out in the water because of all the waves coming towards me.. I didn't get out so far where the waves started, i was only in the "white water" and mostly only lying on my stomach riding the waves.. i succeeded with one wave standing up, only one because it was so exhausting getting out in the water so i didn't have enough energy to jump up on the board when it was time for that. 
 My friend told me that surfing is kind of like therapy because when you surf you don't have time to think about anything else, you have to concentrate on the waves, other surfers and everything and she was soo right about that.. While I was in the water i didn't think about anything else and suddenly 2 hours had gone just like that. But I had the best time anyway and i can't wait until i go next time again. Probably we will go on Tuesday and then it will be more first-time surfers so then maybe we will all be on the same level :D

 I would absolutely recommend surfing to everyone! You only need good patience and of course good balance to be able to keep the board steady while you are standing on it.. You also need some kind of good fitness since it's a very exhausting sport. The day after and still today my arms, shoulders and neck hurts a lot because when you are paddling these are the parts which are most exposed. 

Probably and hopefully this week the Spanish lessons will start in education & mobility's office. I can't wait to learn a little bit more and it would be so useful for me since my boss speaks better Spanish than English and it would anyway be nice to be able to have a small conversation in Spanish. Spanish is such a beautiful language and a big part of the world's population speaks it, so it wont be so bad if I learned a little bit right? :D

I will write soon again, but now I will be a little bit busy since i have stuff to do for my workplace and also I have a deadline for my "thesis" to the end of this month. Better get started as soon as possible I guess? ;)

Hasta luego ;)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar